Donald Trump claims that he’s not working on Trump TV. But based on the launch of his campaign’s new nightly news show, I’d say he’s a big fat liar. Shocking, I know.
Reporting of Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, talking to media dealmakers about Trump TV has been floating around for weeks now. But Trump has insisted that there’s no effort to start a Trump TV. However, based on the launch of his new nightly news show Monday night, I’d say he’s a big fat liar. Shocking, I know.
On Monday night the Trump campaign kicked off their new venture. The “news show” will air every night at 6:30 pm (ET) on Facebook Live and will appear on Trump’s Facebook page. The show is being filmed in the campaign war room in Trump Tower. And it certainly looks like this is some kind of test run for Trump TV.
Hosts of the new show include Boris Epshteyn, a senior adviser to the campaign, Tomi Lahren, from Glen Beck’s TheBlaze, and Cliff Sims, another Trump adviser. The premiere show Monday night featured an interview with Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway.
The campaign says the show will directly stream Trump’s rallies every night. It will also feature conservative commentary both before and after the events. They are very excited about the new show after the campaign’s debate night Facebook Live last week got more than 9 million views.
As reported by Wired,
“Epshteyn says this nightly Facebook Live stream is simply a way for the campaign to circumvent the mainstream media Trump so publicly loathes. “We all know how strong the left wing media bias is. This is us delivering our message to voters,” he says. “It has nothing to do with Trump TV. It’s about using 21st century technology and communication in a way that’s effective.””