CNN’s Brian Stelter was left speechless when this former Fox News contributor broke her confidentiality agreement and told the truth about the sexual misconduct going on at Fox.
On Sunday, former Fox News analyst Tamara Holder appeared on CNN’s Reliable Sources with Brian Stelter. And she violated the confidentiality agreement that she signed with Fox in order to reveal the sick environment of sexual misconduct going on at the network.
“Fox News ruined people’s lives,” Holder said. “He [Murdoch] ruined my life. I don’t have a job in TV anymore because the place that he has secured down like Fort Knox allowed abusive predators to work. That is not nonsense, this is people’s lives. He said it wasn’t just Roger Ailes. Well, we don’t need to name names, we know it wasn’t just Roger. He said ‘nothing more since then’ — that’s a lie. We also know that Bill O’Reilly paid $30 million plus to somebody and, of course, they rehired him after that.”
“He says there are cases that amounted to flirting. Let me be clear. I had a man pull out his penis in his office and shove my head on it. That was not flirting. — that was criminal. That was not sexual harassment. I’m not the only case, there are women who can’t speak out.”
Holder was referring to comments that Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of 21st Century Fox, which owns Fox News, made last Thursday about the sexual misconduct at his network.
Murdoch said on the UK’s Sky News channel,
“It’s all nonsense. There was a problem with our chief executive. Sort of, over the years. But isolated incidents. As soon as we investigated it he was out of the place in hours — well three or four days. And there’s been nothing else since then.”
Tamara Holder knew what Murdoch said wasn’t even close to true. She told Stelter,
“Either Mr. Murdoch is a liar or he’s delusional and old and needs to get out. If you’re an investor, you need to decide, do you want your money with a man who has continued to lie to you for the past 20 years, your money, hundreds of millions of dollars of your money has gone to women over and over and over again. and we’ve been told that we have to shut up.”
Holder said that she knows that Fox will probably sue her for breaking her confidentiality agreement. But she believed strongly that she had to speak out. Holder is an attorney. And her legal opinion is that she had grounds to break the agreement because of a clause in her settlement which allows her to break her silence if she was “disparaged or maligned.”
“I want to be on TV talking about the things that — we want to talk about what we were paid to talk about on TV,” Holder said. “For me, it was law. I had a sports show. But I’m stuck here, talking about this, because there are people like Rupert Murdoch who continue to deny that we were abused, that we were — our careers were destroyed, our lives were destroyed. And this is not political, this is people’s lives.”
In 2015, Holder was sexually assaulted by the former vice president for Fox News Latino, Francisco Cortes. 21st Century Fox settled the case with Holder paying her $2.5 million in exchange for an agreement that she would never speak of the incident.