Actor Ron Perlman of Sons of Anarchy and Hellboy fame unleashed the hounds of hell on Trump this weekend.
Editor’s Note: Samuel Warde is the editor-in-chief of Liberals Unite (recently re-branded as The Art of Living) as well as a contributor to Mindy Fischer, Writer. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. You can view a list of his articles here.
Ron Perlman unleashed on Trump this weekend on Twitter in the wake of controversy raging around Trump’s
faux national security crisis at the border efforts to distract the American public from new of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s ever tightening noose – along with that of an ever increasing number of other federal and state-level investigations.
Using Trump’s favorite social media platform, Twitter, Perlman began his most recent tirade shortly after midday this Friday, tweeting:
- “POTUS you heartless scumbag,are you listening to the devastation you are causing hundreds of thousands of Americans with you little Nazi ethnic cleansing stunt at the border? Are you watching how UNsafe this nation has become with your fake crisis?There is NO human lower than you.” tweet
Then there was Friday’s bombshell report by The New York Times which read, in part:
In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.
The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.
Perlman weighed in on that report, tweeting:
- “Ya don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows… F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia – The New York Times” tweet
- “This question of whether scump was working for the Russians is not even a question:HE WAS!HE IS! But that’s not even close to describing his high crimes. Nazis are good people. Brown children ripped from their parents arms and put in http://camps.Perjury.Money laundering.Puerto Rico” tweet
Perlman finished out his Friday, tweeting:
- “For those of you who are wondering what to do with your nifty red MAGA baseball cap, The Salvation Army has just put out a statement saying they are full up!” tweet
Perlman is back at it again on Saturday responding to a tweet by CNN anchor Brian Stelter showing the cover of Friday’s copy of The New York Times with the damning headline: “FBI INVESTIGATED IF TRUMP WORKED FOR THE RUSSIANS.”
Front page of Saturday's NYT: "FBI INVESTIGATED IF TRUMP WORKED FOR THE RUSSIANS" pic.twitter.com/5B2vFGEjrt
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) January 12, 2019
Perlman responded, tweeting that “you don’t impeach a traitor, you indict him.”
- For 2 years…TWO YEARS, I’ve been saying you don’t impeach a traitor, you indict him. To our founders, there was no higher crime than treason. Generations of brave Americans fought and died for the values our founders set forth in their Constitution. This is the ballgame! tweet
The day is still young, and the full-extent of Perlman’s response to the latest Trump controversy remains to be seen, but if his past activity on Twitter is any indication – it might be an interesting day.