So now that Kim Davis (the Kentucky clerk who is refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses despite what the Supreme Court says) has been thrown in jail, the neo-Cons are acting even more insane than normal. Now they are actually trying to say that Kim Davis is their Rosa Parks. Yes, really.
Right wing press and social media is jumping all over this Rosa Parks comparison thing. Now obviously to you and I this is clearly a ridiculous assessment of the situation, but as we also know, absurdities and outright lies have never stopped the righties before.
The Conservative Review is just one of the MANY sites saying things like,
“Kim Davis, the Clerk of Rowan County Kentucky is now taking a stand and is refusing to be sent to the back of the bus as a second class citizen in a country founded upon Judeo-Christian values.”
- For starters, Rosa Parks WAS a part of a discriminated minority….but when 70.6% of Americans identify as Christian, that means that Kim Davis is NOT a discriminated minority.
- Rosa Parks also didn’t violate the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.
- Rosa Parks wasn’t part of the government.
- Rosa Parks didn’t violate anyone’s 14th amendment rights.
- Rosa Parks did not get paid to ride the bus.
Kim Davis is no Rosa Parks.
But hey, you know who actually WAS a Rosa Parks?
The homophobic Kentucky clerk who won’t issue marriage licenses to gay couples?…..well, she’s just an asshole.